14-17 yr olds -
12th Feb - 6pm-8pm
20th Feb - 6pm-8pm
13 yr olds -
14th Feb - 6.45pm - 8pm
22nd Feb - 6.45pm - 8pm
12 yr olds -
14th Feb - 5.30pm - 7pm
22nd Feb - 5.30pm - 7pm
Grading can be a rewarding and exciting time for players. It can also be a nervous time for players if they are not prepared. Some helpful tips for grading are:
1. Always use the correct technique for passing, shooting, catching and foot-work. This helps the Selectors identify your skill level.
2. Be realistic about your skill levels and what grade/team you hope to achieve.
3. Have a clear idea and understanding of the positions you are nominating for.
4. Know the key strengths these positions bring to the team and what is expected of them. Be prepared to give 100% effort on the court when playing these positions.
5. As you may be with players that you wouldn’t normally play with, make sure you use your voice – call for the ball & encourage your teammates as it is also important to work well with those around you
6. Come prepared and looking as though you are interested. Arrive on time and ready to warm up.
7. Practice in the off season and maintain your fitness levels. This is vital for a successful grading.
8. Wear the correct sports clothes and sports shoes to grading.
But most of all enjoy yourself!